Fivrr

Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Favorite Mascaras this 2015

I have had too many favorite mascaras this year and I will need to categorize them. Some are very much available in the Philippines, while some are given to me as gifts, so please forgive me for those brands. My goal is to share with you some brands that I have tested to last long and make your lashes look pretty!

Let's go to category number 1: WATERPROOF MASCARAS

I have never been into waterproof mascara, but recently, since I have been attending too many gym classes, I have been able to test some products that are 100% rain-proof, gym-proof, sweat-proof, bodyjam-proof. Believe me when I say I have been sweating like a pig and these mascaras are still hangin' in there without leaking or smudging!!

1. Dolly Wink Volume Mascara in 04
This mascara does provide volume. The moment you apply it, you can instantly see a difference in how your lashes open up. It gives a certain sense of thickening without the clumpy feel and also does not come on wet, but neither is it dry. If you are asking if it is hard to take off, don't worry because it isn't. It's not that kind of formula that's good while you are wearing it, but will take off all your lashes by the end of the day. Those formulas were just horrible and this is the reason why I stayed away from waterproof mascaras. Surprisingly this one is really amazing! All you need is your ordinary facial wash, and some gentle rubbing, patting your eyelashes as if they are feathers, and you will feel it coming off easily. It is not flaky or gluey (you know, it does not feel like you are taking off dried white glue from your lashes). 






Dolly Wink products are available in Landmark and SM Malls and retails for PhP 699. You can buy a  PhP 999.75 combo pack which includes the Dolly Wink Liquid eyeliner. I was actually just looking for the liquid eyeliner because I have heard way too much good reviews about its tiny tiny tip. So when I was offered the combo pack, let's just say I found a Holy Grail Mascara too!



2. Lumene Blueberry Wild Volume Mascara in Deep Blue
This was given to me as a gift. Lumene is a Finnish brand and I have a review about its stellar smudge-proof liquid eyeliner (Lumene Blueberry Liquid Eyeliner). So let me just say I already have a heads up that this product is good! Turns out, yes! This mascara is really good! It is actually not a waterproof mascara, but it dries as if it is. I have tested this in the gym, running in the rain, body jam dance class, name it! And taking it off is so easy, as if washing off any regular, non-waterproof mascara. I don't know how but this lumene mascara is really good. The only down-side of this is that it does not give you any wild volume at all. It just delivers a natural lash with a little definition. The end-result is a natural-looking lash with just a little bit of volume. The deep blue color is supposed to cancel out the redness in the eyes and bring out the brown eye-color. I personally don't see any difference, but maybe it is also because my eyes are very dark brown.





3. Canmake Gokubuto Mascara in Antique Chocolat Rose
I have heard good reviews about Canmake. In general, I have always believed in Japanese products when it comes to skin care and eye makeup, so I gave this mascara a try, even though again, this is water proof. I normally don't put mascaras if it is raining or if I will be hitting the gym, I mean why bother? How could I have overlooked the possibility that formulations change through time, and makeups just get better and better? 

This product is also 100% rain-proof, gym-proof, sweat-proof, bodyjam-proof... but! And there is a but... I do not like removing it because it feels like soft dried white glue when I take it off. I am bothered that if I am not too careful, it might damage my lashes or my eyes. So what I do is I use Celeteque facial wash first then rinse, then use Johnson's baby shampoo to wash it off very gently then rinse. Then go back for a final rinse with only water. It has also been my normal night routine to put warm compress on my eyes for 10 minutes so that helps soften the dried mascara away. Don't get me wrong, this mascara does not make you lose your lashes. I just don't like the consistency that it turns into once it is time to take it off.

Verdict: It is reliable as waterproof mascara, but a little so-so when it comes to washing it off. This product is available at Landmark and at PCX. PhP 599. At first I thought I would like to wear something brown, but after using this, I realized I should really stick to black because that is the color that brings out the best in your lashes.

Let's go to category number 2: REGULAR MASCARAS (not waterproof)
I only have one product to recommend under this category only because my ever favorite Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara (Reformulated Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara) has changed its formula. So now I am into the L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes. It is a dry formula so I make sure I don't overdo it or else it will get clumpy. A maximum of 2 applications and together with the false fibers in the formula, my lashes look wispy and I look like tweety bird! This product dries too fast, so don't expect to use it for a long time.

This was given to me as a gift so I don't have the local price for this, sorry.



If you have tested other great mascaras that are available in the Philippines, do let me know by leaving a comment below :) Please add the price is you may!





No comments:

Post a Comment