Fivrr

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gel Nail Polish: Are they really worth it??

My nails on my hands rarely have nail polish and I always keep them short. I find nail polish to be too much of a hassle because it breaks, it cracks, and it doesn't last long enough. Give it 3 days and you need to get that bottle of nail polish remover to make sure your hands don't look like you do not care about hygiene.

I found out about these gel nail polish from a colleague and saw that hers lasted for 4 weeks. 4 weeks is like bliss! So I went to California Nails and Day Spa to have it done.

The entire nail color application together with the gel lasted for about 1 hour. They put the gel first, then you will have to insert your hand in the gadget with a lamp which cures the nail polish and makes it set so hard so fast. Then there will be around 4 rounds of nail polish + curing (about 25-30 seconds under the lamp). So in total, about 5 repetitions of polish+curing.

How did it look? See below. It is actually very very pretty. The edges look like they are done so well, so gelly, and appears to be wet but with enough surface tension that it doesn't smear. But actually, there is no surface tension there. It is in fact well cured, really dry, and really polished. Now I have done many things with my hands, name it: replacing phone cases, laundry, cooking, what have you! It never cracks and it doesn't chip on the tips at all!!! Amazing!!!!
I am not one to indulge on these things. I always look for bargain finds so I can blog about it and spread the good news. Now what made me want to try it out? It was PhP500 at California Nails and Day Spa. That's not cheap, that is actually ridiculous. However, if it can last me 4 weeks, that is already a great deal, considering the cheapest decent manicure with polish will cost around 100php and will last you for 3 days...6 days for nail polish brands like OPI, China Glaze, The FaceShop, or Ulta.


So how long did it last on me? Day 12 showed signs of minor chipping on the sides. Here is day 16, where you can see my nails have grown so fast as seen on the base:

Today as I post this new photo, it is Day 19 of the gel nail polish done by California Nails and Day Spa. I definitely need to have this taken off. The said salon charges about 150php to take them off but they will remove it for PhP100 if you will have another round done by them. If they are not the ones who initially placed the gel polish on you, they charge about 250php for removal.

Will I have this done again? Probably............but not as frequent. I do recommend it if your nails do not grow as fast as mine. My colleague still has her gel polish intact, we actually went to the salon together to have it done. Hers are still a-ok, and there is no sign of nail growth at all. If your nails grow too fast, and you will notice this because your hair grows fast too, then this is a bit of an indulgence for you. You might want to reserve this for a really good event or a planned holiday/vacation, the sand on the beach cannot damage this at all! It will last you more than 6 days for sure, no chipping, no breaking. And that is still a breakthrough, but yet again, only IF price is not an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment