Fivrr

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream Review

Foundations cause my skin to break out, so I never use one. At best, I would use a tinted moisturizer. However these tinted moisturizers do not work well under extreme heat and does not control facial oil. As such, I have been on the look out for facial care that will not block my pores yet will provide a decent coverage to even out the skin tone.

Here comes The Face Shop. I love this brand because for every purchase, it keeps on proving to be good value for money.
I recently bought their Power Perfection BB Cream. Unfortunately, this only comes in 2 colors: light beige and natural beige. The box says it is a wrinkle improvement + sunscreen + whitening beauty blemish cream, thus earning its name as the brand's perfect BB cream. It retails for PhP1495 per tube of 40g.

At first I was hesitant to buy this because I had been hovering over the Matte BB Cream which sells for PhP 1200. The face shop lady told me that I better use their Power Perfection BB cream instead in order to enjoy more skin benefits. I figured why not go for it. Some youtube reviews would say that there are matte BB creams that can be flaky or too dry so I guess going after the Power Perfection variant will yield better results. Also, the trick with drugstore products is to ask the sales lady what she uses. I did that when I discovered the maybelline gel eyeliner, I did that when I purchased the Majolica Majorca eyeshadow palette, and a couple of other beauty products where I have no idea how to know the quality of. Also, the branch where I bought this tube from is on its soft launch, and they were actually having a bit of an airconditioning issue. Yet, the sales lady looks glam. She wasn't all matte, but she looked polished. I figured, in that heat, it might as well be a good buy.


The snout pumps out just a little amount which you can control. I don't know how this tube will last but it looks like I only need a few beads and I'm all covered in the face and neck. One thing I noticed is that you will have to use a brush to spread it evenly because using your fingers will require you to tug a lot on your skin, and that's not good for keeping away the wrinkles. You do not need too much because it indeed provides good coverage. It seems to me as a buildable product so I do not use too much or else I would look unusually white. The finish is somewhere in the middle of matte and dewy so no problem with going flaky or being too dewy.
As for the staying power, I tried it on for 6 hours under airconditioning with a little walking outside during the lunch break, no retouching. I still looked decent, and my t-zone wasn't oily. It looked like my natural skin, only less oily. I also tried it for 8 hours without airconditioning, I did get oily afterwards and I felt the gunk on my face somehow, like there was something thick on my face, but it stayed on my skin without melting (tinted moisturizers melt really bad).

I cannot say this is a steal because it is not, but it provides good coverage and controls my oily t-zone. It also makes me look polished. I have yet to prove the whitening and anti wrinkle benefits. The spf is at 37 and I guess most beauty products can easily throw that out as a benefit so I am no longer questioning if that is true. However, what is important to me is that this is a BB cream and not any pore-blocking foundation which can be a great risk for me to have pimples.

I like that The Face Shop always gives some freebies if you reach a certain amount. They gave me a free 70mL cleansing foam (pic shown above) for reaching PhP1500 because I also bought a mask for PhP65.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is now April 7, 2013 and I still have this BB Cream. I use it everyday and believe me - everyday. It deserves a Best Buy Stamp Award. Good coverage, good oil control yet you look dewy in a put together way, really reliable, and you only need a few beads to cover the face and neck. I need to get a smaller tube for my travel kit, because I found out that it also comes in a half sized tube!

3 comments:

  1. my brother bought me a 20ml size in korea a month ago, though i havent tried using it yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it! :) But I suggest using a stippling brush for the ideal coverage while caring for your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup it comes in a smaller tube too, making it more affordable at 600php. Its probably the only BB cream they have that has a smaller version so I'm definitely trying it out. I wonder how it feels on the skin? I honestly hate heavy feel bb creams so I'm in the lookout for something that has good coverage but doesn't feel or look make-upy in any way. xx

    Jem,
    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete