Fivrr

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Affordable Bronzer and Highlighter in One!

Never really understood why people wanted to use highlighters and look shimmery until I tried it for myself. Turns out, you just have to be picky with the size of the shimmery content - it shouldn't look glittery - and instead appear satiny, almost as if it is just a natural glow. 

Since I started incorporating highlighters in my everyday makeup (except when I want a full matte look) I noticed that people respond well to it, saying I look more youthful, vibrant, and fresh. Indeed, highlighters give you an instant lift - brightening your face and making you appear like you've had a great sleep plus a well-nourished and hydrated skin.

So here I have 2 products to recommend, one is a cool tone and the other is a warm tone.

Cool Tone: e.l.f. Bronzer in Golden Bronzer

This comes in a very nice sleek and durable black packaging, with a huge mirror exactly the same size as its top cover.


The 2 darker colors (top left and lower right corners) have a graying effect on my skin, and when this happens, I would assume that the make up is of a cool tone. So I would use the lighter colors (top right and lower left corners) separately as highlighters and the darker ones as bronzers. I don't swirl it all in one go because it just doesn't ever give me the warm glowy bronze look at all. So I just use the darkest color independently for when I want a little bit of contour on the lower slanted sides of my cheeks.


I wouldn't say I super love this, but I wouldn't say it is a bad product because the highlights are good, and it is just the tone that did not suit me. I feel like I was just a bit misled by the term "Golden" because I thought this would have been a warm glowy bronzer. 

If you're a cool tone, go get this. It is just PhP259.75, and there is a shade called Warm Bronzer, so my bad. I should have gotten that one instead.

It is a bit powdery, like most face products from e.l.f. are, but as usual, it blends well despite the evidently loose powder picked up by your brush. Just blend and it will be okay.

Warm Tone: Collection Cosmetics (UK) Shimmer Shades in Way To Glow



Learning from my experience in the e.l.f., I used the shades here separately, with 2 colors for highlighting and 2 colors for contouring. I do however don't really use much of shimmery contouring makeups because I tend to go for matte finishes when I need to contour. So you can guess that the highlights (upper left and lower right corners) are the bestsellers for me here. The darker shades don't look gray on me so this is definitely warm.



This product blends easily, has a lot of pigmentation, and can deliver that satiny finish you want in a bronzer or a highlighter. For only PhP349.00, this is the way to go for all those with warm or neutral skin tones out there. This product is available at the landmark or you may purchase online via zalora. If you want the prices of the full range, you may visit their PHL website: http://www.collectioncosmetics.com.ph/



No comments:

Post a Comment