Fivrr

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Review: Collection Work The Colour Primed & Ready Face Primer



I was super happy with my collection concealer (Collection Concealer) and Highlighter (Way to Glow) that I thought maybe I should really venture into their other products. I don’t break out with both products so I thought yeah, the brand looks safe and well-formulated enough. So next I tried is their Face Primer called Primed & Ready which is only PhP 349 per tube of 18mL. I know it is pretty small, but you only need a pea-size on each side of your face and it is enough.



The Collection Work the Colour Face Primer is a clear, silicone-based formula. I originally bought it to be used as an eyeshadow primer, thinking that maybe it is purely marketing strategy that’s why brands segregate eyeshadow primers from face primers.
Verdict:


1.    When used as an eyeshadow primer
My lids are oily and I stay for about 1-2 hours in the gym so I was really able to test it. For sure it makes the skin base very very smooth and primed -- that much gives this product the A+ especially when you swatch it…but the eyeshadow will not stay put and can even move after about 8 hours when you use this as a base.  I also noticed that the eyeshadow color becomes less vibrant when used on top of this clear primer. So after about a week  of testing, I went back to my ever reliable Etude Proof 10 Eye Primer (review on this eye primer may be viewed on this link: Proof10). Conclusion: This product cannot double as an eyeshadow primer if you have oily eyelids.
2.    When used as a face primer
It goes on very smooth on the T-zone area and the cheeks, which are parts of my face with different levels of oiliness. It creates a fancy base for foundation that stays put for hours. I also noticed that even after sweating for a bit during my morning routine and travel (It is quite hot in the Philippines), I do not need to powder my nose by the time I reach the office. I also went on without retouching with powder for 8 hours and it held up pretty well. After 8 hours though, you have to cut it some slack, get the powder and fix it a bit. But after that, it will still look acceptable enough to stretch it for a dinner out.
My skin is combination to oily, depending on how hot and humid it is, so I may not be very reliable to assess if it does not dry out the skin, but for us oily girls, I never experienced any patches or separation within the 8 hours of no retouch. That’s quite impressive. I have been raving for weeks about how effective my Marshmallow Finish Powder by Canmake is, but take note that I did not use it within the next 8 hours…. So Collection Face Primer gets my thumbs up for keeping my face fresh and not oily from the time I reach my office desk until about 330PM!


I tested it for 2 straight days and then on the 3rd day, sadly, it broke me out. I developed a couple of pimples on my right cheek and had to give it a halt. Disclaimer: I break out quite easily with any face product that blocks my pores that’s why BB creams were very very popular with me for quite a loooong time (BB Creams allow my facial pores to breathe; this is also why I am super impressed with my L’oreal Super Blendable Foundation and Za True White Foundation because both do not break me out).



If you are the type who does not break out easily or you just need a one-time use primer for an event, this primer works as it has committed, and well enough for 8 hours. Maybe it is just my skin that cannot handle the ingredients. It is truly hard to look for a good face primer from the drugstores/high street brands but I will continuously be on the hunt and will inform you right away once I find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment