Fivrr

Monday, June 11, 2012

Why some people will not be able to stop smoking

I was a smoker on and off from 2004-2011. The worst was in 2004-2006 when I consumed 2 packs a day. I decided to go by the sticks in 2007, and eventually stopped in 2008.

Well, events happen in life, so after 1.5 years, I got back to smoking in 2010-2011. This was like 3-5 sticks every month, so it is pretty much a lame come back, but hey, if you still smoke, then you are still called a smoker. In 2010 I was already attending fun runs actively,yet I still, once a month, do smoke.. like your once a month drinking spree as a busy employee? That's pretty much it.

Some people are just not cut out to quit smoking because:
1. They have not accepted that one day they should quit
2. They do not have the discipline to quit
3. Being enslaved by a vice does not bother them at all
4. Smoking is their only "me-time"
5. The benefits of quitting does not outweigh the feeling that smoking provides

So why did I totally stop smoking?
1. I knew I will quit one day
2.I am a lady and I always like to smell, look, and behave like a lady,not to mention it is really bad for the skin
3. The full marathon training really did open my lungs to greater capacities that smoking now does not only feel disgusting,it also takes a lot off my performance
4. Yoga/swimming/running/gym /sleeping /reading a book is my me-time
5. The feeling of smoking is not enough for me to stick with it versus all the disadvantages - smelly hair, smelly clothes, smelly fingers, coughing, expenses, that urge to smoke even under midday sun.. - really,such a hassle


Indeed, smoking has become a high-maintenance vice for me that only gives a minute of pleasure. It's not worth it.. And I don't even need to go deeper on the health risks. I don't really have to.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment