Fivrr

Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Review on Canmake Skin Care Line

CANMAKE BRIGHTENING FACIAL WASH
It is such a treat to start my day with Canmake Facial Wash because it smells like lavender or a light version of sandal wood. It is a foaming facial wash that is non-drying but totally removes oily build up! I bought this creamy, milky white facial wash from the PCX store at Greenbelt 4 walkway and it was on 30% off that month, so from PhP 730, I got the 100g easy-squeeze tube for only PhP511. This is the kind of treat that I usually go for, because not only am I buying skin care, I am buying Japanese skin care which usually sits well on my skin.

At night, even with makeup, I just squeeze out a maximum of 1cm of the product and it can take off my facial makeup, without losing lather (I use a designated eye makeup remover and you can check it out by clicking this link). It is foamy when you work it with just enough water. 

On the front, it says brightening but it doesn’t whiten. So far, using it daily, I have never noticed any whitening  effects. Neither does it control dark spots. The brightening effect happens after using it, when it has taken off all the grime and dirt from your face. It sure looks brightening to me that way, but without the dry and tight feeling on the skin.

The tube comes in baby pink color which is suited for all skin types. The facial wash did not come with a designated formula for oily, combination, or dry skin so this is the only choice I have. It is a good product nonetheless!

Update as of 26 December 2015: I accidentally left this on my face for about 15 minutes, forgetting to rinse it off, and I noticed that it softened my skin. I heard that cleansers are never meant to stay on for longer periods on your skin, but if you don't have sensitive skin, you may try leaving it on for a few minutes and see for yourself. It works for me and I have started using it by rubbing it into my face and neck + a little water, stepping into the shower without rinsing  the product and going back washing my face after at least 10 minutes.




CANMAKE SMOOTH CLEAR LOTION

Next I proceed to toning using the Canmake Smooth Clear Lotion in the baby blue bottle which is made for Combination to Oily Skin types. I know, it says lotion, but it is actually a toner!

I use just one cotton ball, open the flip top, and tilt the glass bottle to a 45-degree angle and the colorless toner comes out easily that way.
This picks up more grime even after I have washed my face, and it also smells like lavender or sandal wood. If you want to save on the product, use a flat facial cotton instead of a cotton ball. This way, you only need a few drops.

It gives me a refreshed feeling after every toning. It feels like my skin is moisturized but it also lifted off the dirt and grime. I don’t know how it does it but even if I felt like I have totally washed off all the dirt with the facial wash, this Canmake Toner still lifts off more makeup and dirt and you can see it on the cotton.

I can use this in the morning unless it is an extra humid day, because it can add some moisture on my skin and may melt my makeup off. Once I was on my usual cardio night, and after 2 hours of cardio, I noticed my reliable concealer melted and it was so easy to move the concealer off my skin with just my finger tips. I knew that this toner can be one of the reasons because using it was the only thing I did differently and also, it was very humid that day.

At 30% off, I was able to purchase the 150mL glass bottle at PhP595, coming from its original price of PhP850. I love it and I recommend you buy it, especially on sale. I have never been one to get into the toner hype but seeing this one clean my skin further after facial wash step, plus adding a moisturized feel, I know it is for real.


CANMAKE SMOOTH CLEAR MOISTURIZER



The final step is to moisturize with Canmake Smooth Clear Moisturizer. I picked the counterpart product in baby blue packaging which is also made for Combination to Oily Skin types. Because this is a supercharged formula that truly moisturizes, it doubles as my under eye cream. I noticed that it doesn’t sting my eyes even if I put the milky white cream close to my lash line. I spread it until the sides near the outer corner of my eyes to avoid crow feet wrinkles. On the face, I just put a little amount, and that’s enough to provide and lock the moisture overnight. It comes with the same lavender/sandal wood scent but a little bit less, like very lightly scented. I use this only at night because I am super oily and I don’t need my makeup melting come gym time.

The enclosure is a twist cap that ensures no leakage even if I store it in horizontal position. The only problem I have with this is that it can be a pain to take the product out of the bottle. I would really need to either force it out (like ketchup!) or the better way is to dip a cotton bud inside the opening. Another way is to keep it in inverted position (store it with the cap part at the bottom) so that you get the products out easier when you open it.

This moisturizer retails for PhP850 at 100mL and I also got it for 30% price off (PhP595).


I would suggest Canmake to create a travel or a tester kit for this line. Although the investment for the big bottles is so worth it, I still think that smaller packs would be beneficial to allow those with sensitive skin to test it first. Another reason is to allow travelers to bring good quality skin care everywhere (and it is particularly important when you travel by air - moisturizer is a must for your flights!). In my recent travel, I left this behind because I feared the glass bottle might break and I also did not want that much weight inside my luggage.

Overall, the Canmake Skin Care line is so good, and all the products do not ever break me out. l like that it provides me with clear and moisturized skin every time I use the complete line. Definitely recommend anyone to try it! They also have a serum which is intended for sensitive skin, and a baby pink color print for both toner and moisturizer which is made for people with Dry Skin types.


No comments:

Post a Comment