Fivrr

Monday, November 30, 2015

Review on Sleek MakeUP True Colour Lipstick

Don’t get fooled by its short stubby packaging – this lipstick is just as long as any other product. When compared side by side with other lipsticks that were slightly used, you can really see that they are just the same in length. And I compared this with a Mac lipstick as well: they have approximately the same product size but the Mac has a thinner tube of the actual product. So you actually get more out of the Sleek lipstick than a Mac lipstick.
Formula:
Cherry is a highly pigmented lip color and as such, I don’t need to slide it on my lips – I simply pat it on. Checking it online, I was expecting it to be of a much darker color, but when applied, it registers just a slightly dark shade of red. I love the formula though: satin finish and non-drying. Don’t worry, it does not move. You won’t have any problems of getting the Joker lips (think Batman’s nemesis) after drinking from a glass.







Naked 785 is also of satin finish and non-drying. The only problem I had with this is that the color does not suit my medium tone skin. To me, it looks like I kissed a mocha cake and I just look so washed out. So because I have no issues with the formula, I just combine it with dark-colored lip products and I get a different type of nude shade each time.


Here they are compared side by side with other lipsticks, from Left: Sleek Cherry (used twice), Rimmel Lasting Finish 08 (new and never been used), Maybelline ColorSensations POW1, Sleek Naked (used 4x).


 See how thin the Mac lipstick's actual product is versus the Sleek lipstick?

Sleek is so short, look how it compares to other brands when placed in a row:

Here below is a side by side comparison with Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in the shade 08. You can really see that the Sleek lipstick is even longer but they have the same thickness.

Would I recommend these lipsticks? Yes! For the price of PhP598.50 per lipstick (and I even got Naked for only PhP218.55 during a 35% off Saturday night), I must say these are above their game! Currently, Luxola sells the lipstick for PhP601 per tube so be on the lookout for their limited time offers because that’s when you get a lot of great deals.

Update as of 01 December 2015: Sleek is now available in the Philippines. I saw their booth at the SM Makati Beauty Section. The True Colour Lipsticks retail for PhP425 (cheaper than luxola.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment