Fivrr

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Matte and Semi-Matte Lip Products That I Recommend

No matter how popular the lip glosses are and how ideal it is to keep those puckers soft, we still have an endless desire to go matte. Not only do we eliminate the chances for annoying hair strands sticking on our lips and eventually sliding lines of lip color on our face, but we also create a simple, toned down, put-together look by using a matte lip color.

I do not have a huge collection, but I would like to share the matte lipsticks I have been using and loving so far. These are Kenosha-approved products that are either: worth the investment or seriously affordable that won’t hurt your pockets.


So here they are, drum roll please:

Mac Matte
Mac is the best matte lipstick I have ever tried. Okay fine, this has been a regular on my posts recently, but can you blame me? I am sure I have stressed the beauty of this product in previous posts but to be honest, I tried this product just to prove what the hype is all about and well, it deserved every good word. It is something worth buying if you need to gift yourself on your birthday or a special occasion. I only bought one which is in the shade Please Me and it did not disappoint! If you want a full on review about this product, you may click this link: Mac
Mac Matte Lipstick

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate
For years I have been obsessed by this elusive brand. Elusive because it is not available in the Philippines except for a brief sighting at the Airline Duty Free shop of Cebu Pacific. Granted that this brand sometimes pop in online stores, but what I am really after is for this amazing brand to be easily accessible in drugstores or in the malls here in the Philippines. I love their lipsticks, not only for a lasting finish that does not dry my lips, but also for its fragrant but non-irritating formula. Disclaimer: it is not as long-lasting as the wear-all-day formulas of famous drugstore brands like Revlon and L’Oreal, but it can give you a good color until about 5 hours. Eating and drinking will definitely take off this lipstick. Great staying power though for meetings, events, and non-food and drink related activities. Something I would easily think of wearing (using this brand is like clockwork in my head!) if I want a matte lipstick.
 
Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss




Nyx
·         Nyx Mat Rouge a Levres
One of those affordable products that deliver a decent creamy matte finish: One thing to love about Nyx in the Philippines is the availability of a huge range of colors in various finishes. For this reason, it is a delight to visit their store and check out a lot of testers. Price: I bought mine for less than PhP450 per tube at the SM Makati store. I got the colors MLS05 Indie Flick which is an orange matte and MLS12 Sierra which is a terracotta color.
Nyx Mat Rouge a Levres



·         Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream
This is the first Nyx product that I used and the one that got me so hooked! As expected, a variety of colors are available for this soft matte lip cream which comes on moussey when you apply it, and then dries to a soft matte finish. Does it dry the lips? A bit when it has been on your lips for about 4-6 hours of no retouch. Make sure to apply it on prepped lips – balmed or exfoliated – to make sure you don’t get annoyed by the drying effect towards the end of the day. Overall, I will definitely repurchase this! I am almost done with my 2 tubes (Prague and Cannes). Price: Less than PhP500 per tube.

 
Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream






Revlon Ultimate Suede
Old Rose has a bit of a mysterious effect. It is just the color that usually draws me when I look at eyeshadow or blush palettes. When you want a toned down but sultry makeup, this is the shade to go for, and what better way than to achieve the look using a long-wearing old rose lipstick! I got mine in the shade 045 Supermodel. This is the product I use when I want to be able to eat, drink, and be merry all night long and still have an opaque red rose color on my lips. Price: PhP575 at Watsons Drugstore. I used this product in a recent Oktoberfest celebration and the color is sealed all night! I had one retouch after dinner, but it was not because of it moving or losing color. I just reapplied it because I wiped it off and applied a fresh layer.
I was also able to use this lip product in one of my travels abroad. It was a just a 3 hour flight, and my lips dried. But I figured it was because air travel really does dry out my skin including my  lips.

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede




Pixy Lasting Matte Lipstick
This is an amazing lipstick for just PhP325 which I chanced upon at SM Centrepoint (Not available in SM Makati). In my opinion, this is a formula dupe for my Mac Matte lipstick and Rimmel by Kate (my 2 favorite lipsticks). Pixy Lasting Matte lipstick is very creamy, non-drying, and has a matte finish. I have a dedicated review for this lipstick which you can view by clicking this link: Pixy

 
Pixy in Peach Delicacy

Maybelline ColourSensations
Definitely a wild choice on color for the shade I bought which is a blue-toned shocking pink! I liked this because it goes on creamy and moist but dries semi-matte. It is really amazing for only PhP 399 but I got mine on a discounted price of only PhP 299 at PCX Greenbelt 4. If you happen to apply this on dry lips, maybe you had no time to exfoliate or prep with a lip balm, the dry skin will eventually peel off after 2-3 hours, as if the lipstick softens and sloughs away the dry skin. At first I was like OMG why is it flaking off in a creamy way? But nothing to worry: Just wipe it off with a soft tissue and for sure the dry skin will also be removed. Your lips are now smoother, so you can reapply the lipstick and it will stay longer. I have had great compliments from this risqué color (to my surprise because it is really a shocking wild pink!) and the blue tone also adds a whitening effect on my teeth. The color I picked is POW1.

 
Maybelline ColourSensations POW1




Wet and Wild
Seriously, a PhP100 semi-matte lipstick? Get out! I am all for Wet and Wild because when they go on sale, they really go on SALE! The original price is about PhP299 which is sold for only PhP100 per tube. The color I bought is the not so 2015 popular but ever classic brown called 506B Mink Brown. A sure steal!

Wet and Wild in Mink Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment