Fivrr

Friday, November 13, 2015

Review: BCL Brow Lash Ex Makeup Remover


I have never been a believer of eye makeup removers thinking they are just a fancy term for facial wash and just another product line that I can absolutely do without. I just use Johnson and Johnson’s No More Tears Baby Shampoo to take off my eye makeup and so far so good. It is a very cost-effective way of removing all my eye makeup.



Recently however, after a good testing of the BCL Peeling Gel (Review is in this link), I found another BCL product: BCL Brow Lash Ex Gel Oil Eye Makeup Remover. A lot of words to call one bottle but this one is not to be ignored. It glides off my makeup nicely and prevents me from over rubbing my eyes and lashes.


This gooey makeup remover that does not have a scent totally gets my thumbs up! For only PhP399.75 at Watsons beside SM Makati Beauty Section, you get a 100g makeup remover in a squeezable plastic tube. That’s not small. It is actually a descent size for its price. Not only does it remove makeup, it also does not feel oily. I am usually a bit bummed with oil-based makeup removers because the oiliness makes me feel like a breakout is waiting to happen, so this BCL gel oil eye makeup remover, though it says gel oil, does not give me any feeling of oiliness, thus passes my standards. Don't get me wrong, I have used some oil-based makeup removers that never caused pimples or irritation, but if I were to choose between an obviously oily makeup remover versus a non-oily version, I'd pick the latter ;)


I use only a pea-sized product on each of my eyes and double this amount when I have extra dark eye makeup. I specifically use this product for my eyes only because that is where I always have a lot of makeup products and most of which were set with primers and waterproof formulas. Just a piece of advice: As usual, do not over rub your eyes. This is a sure shot formula to losing your pretty lashes, regardless what skin care or make up remover you use.


At first I was like: How do I use this? The sales lady for BCL was not available at that time, and all the label details were on Japanese characters. So I simply followed the English characters that say “cottonless” and the pictograms on the outer packaging.


It is true that it removes makeup without the need for cotton. I myself don’t use cotton with it, but I do rinse it with a lot of water after some soft massaging on my lids and carefully on my lashes.






Recently, I have realized how to save on my consumption even more: I put just a tiny amount on the tip of a cottonbud and use this tip to take off the makeup around my upper and lower lash lines. This technique is particularly effective when I have wing tips created with layers and layers of eyeshadow, liquid eyeliners, and pencil eyeliners (Yes, what’s girl got to do but layer’em for a stay put makeup that lasts all night! Hahahah). I can also use the cottonbuds with BCL makeup remover to gently remove the mascara by sliding it downward over my lashes while my lids are closed ( just like applying a mascara but over the lashes, instead of under). This avoids tugging those eyelashes. Then as usual, rinse with water. Again, do not rub.


This product can sting your eyes, just like a shampoo or facial wash, so make sure to rinse with water.



I love this product and this definitely goes into my “PRODUCTS I WILL REPURCHASE” list or soon, to my “PRODUCT EMPTIES” list. 


On to my second product to use from the BCL line of cosmetics, and still a great buy! Another Japanese product that did not disappoint!


Update as of 05 December 2015: I realized that this product causes fall out of my lashes so I have decided to stop using it anywhere near my eyes. I would probably just use it to take off makeup all over my face. This is a sad story, I know, but it is better to update you guys than to keep this post in here without sharing what happened towards the end of the first month using it. It wasn't like that during the first couple of weeks and I thought I just needed to be careful. But well, this is the final verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment