Fivrr

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Review on Tory Burch Lipstick

I got the opportunity to test Tory Burch lipstick in the shade Scoundrel, just to see if this is worth the money. It was not mine, I just borrowed it! :-P Yes, I was that interested but I did not want to spend on something I may regret.


I believe I used this on a Monday which is the day when my lips are usually dry. This is because I rarely ever wear any lip products over the weekend and so by Monday, my lips will usually be craving the use of any balm or lip gloss. I was so prepared to feel the tugging on my lips as soon as I apply this product, but no! There was none of that feeling. It actually glides smoothly and with that very very slight creamy feeling, but not tacky or heavy. It is a non-drying formula that actually hydrates the lips in a non-sticky way.


Hats off to the packaging, it really is fancy and that combination of gold and orange just screams Tory Burch to me. The top of the box is where you can find the color and below the photo shows the sticker of the shade called Scoundrel 05. Scoundrel is a slightly dark brick red color with a satin finish. Scoundrel, being a dark red color, never gave me any problems of it moving outside the lines of my lips. I never really use lip liners so I pretty much was able to test it in those terms.


The Tory Burch emblem is engraved at the top of the actual lip product, that it feels such a waste to use it :-P I mean, after a while, for sure the TB logo will be gone, but then I know I am just overreacting since this is not mine anyways!! Hahaha

I hope you can appreciate the color much better in the photo below. I have read some comments at online shops saying the other shades come in sheer formula. For  lipstick this fancy, it is really not acceptable if the formula turns out to be sheer, but the color Scoundrel is not. It is opaque and it really covers my lips with color, without the need to put a lot. It is very pigmented and not even once did I feel like it lacks the color I was expecting it to have on my lips.

Tory Burch Lip Color is available at www.beautymnl.com for PhP1,700 per tube. Would I recommend you to buy it? The formula is very good, but I am sure you can find it in other lipstick brands that are below PhP1700 per piece. However, if you want to keep one fancy-looking lipstick in your purse for special occasions, this is a nice thing to have. I must admit I do like the packaging and it is like one of those eye-catching things that can bring in the conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment