Fivrr

Monday, November 9, 2015

Where to have Affordable Ribs in Cebu


BIGBY'S: Affordable American-Style Diner in Cebu!

I had lunch at Bigby's SM Cebu yesterday and the food was so good that I had dinner there as well!! Yes! No kidding, it was worth coming back to, and on the same day. Fine, maybe I was being lazy, but for a reason: the food is absolutely worth it. The serving is huge, the salads never disappoint, and the price point is affordable, comparing with most American Diner-style restaurants in Metro Manila. Metro Cebu is quite impressive with all the hawker-style cult eating places, but the restaurants impress me as well because of the good food that will not require a symbol of $$$ to describe their food menu.

During lunch, I shared the food with 2 other guy colleagues. We ordered a belly buster platter and 2 salads: Tiki Waki Salad and a Zen High Salad.
BELLY BUSTER PLATTER PHP 599
I like the cranberry sauce in the middle of the platter which is the one on the right. The sauce to the left is the usual steak sauce.

TIKI WAKI SALAD PHP299
I cannot choose between both salads because I like them both but after voting among the 3 of us, the winner is the Tiki Waki.  
ZEN HIGH SALAD PHP 299
The Zen High Salad has crab meat which might not be to your liking if you are not into eating processed seafood, but the flavor of this salad passes my standards.


For dinner, same headcount: 2 men, and me, ordered ribs, gambas, a nacho salad, and a local delicacy called Sinuglaw.
SINUGLAW PHP229
The vinegar of the Sinuglaw was very rich and tasty. I kept on sipping it through my spoon! Sinuglaw is a delicacy of combining Kinilaw (any raw meat soaked in vinegar, in this case, raw fish was used) and Sinugba (any meat cooked in heat using charcoal, in this case, pork meat was used). 

GAMBAS PHP289
The gambas was so rich in garlic and it had a lot of different flavors all contributing to a delightful experience that awakens your taste buds. This is the most impressive food I have tasted in their menu.


CHIMI SALAD PHP299
 This salad has nachos underneath a pile of lettuce, topped with some corn bits, shaved carrots, cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. I am not a fan of it unlike the 2 other salads we ordered for lunch.



ROCK A BYE BABY PHP399
 It is not as huge as it seems. The half size was not available so we ended up ordering the full size, for me and my one other colleague. I finished all the meat (as usual, a meat-lover here) and I think you should go for the full size and dig in. Just one word of caution: I am not much of a legume or grain eater so I barely ate the rice and the string beans. I ate the corn though. Because. Corn. I mean they taste good. Hahaha
GREEN MANGO SHAKE PHP89
The green mango shake is good, not stellar, not bad, just within expectations. My other colleague ordered a glass of refillable iced tea which is PhP89.

Our bill:
LUNCH PHP 1252
DINNER PHP 1789

Overall, I would eat here again. I like that their serving is huge and the flavors are good, especially, most especially the gambas. It does not take too long to wait for your orders as well. If you are in SM City Cebu, Bigby's deserves a visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment